Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 teaspoon olive
1 (10- to 12-
ounce / 284- to
drained, cut into
to 1 teaspoon chili
Sea salt and
black pepper, to
1 teaspoon maple
2 teaspoons olive
1 onion, chopped
Sea salt, to taste
1 bell pepper, any
and sliced into
1 zucchini, cut
2 carrots, grated
3 to 4 scallions,
½ cup fresh
Make the Spicy Glazed Mushrooms
1. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
2. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes or until tender.
3. Sprinkle the mushrooms with chili powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Drizzle with maple syrup. Stir to mix well and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the mushrooms are glazed. Set aside until ready to use. Make the Fajitas
4. Heat the olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
5. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent. Sprinkle with salt.
6. Add the bell pepper and zucchini and sauté for 7 minutes or until tender.
7. Meanwhile, toast the tortilla in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Allow the tortilla to cool for a few minutes until they can be handled, then assemble the tortilla with glazed mushrooms, sautéed vegetables and remaining vegetables to make the fajitas. Serve immediately.
Per Serving calories: 403 | fat: 14.8g | protein: 11.2g | carbs: 7.9g | fiber: 7.0g | sodium: 230mg