Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 21 minutes |
½ cup minced onion
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
½ cup minced mushrooms
½ cup red lentils,rinsed
¾ sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 cup vegetable stock
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 cup quick oats Brown rice flour, optional
5 tomato slices Lettuce leaves
5 whole-wheat buns
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Add the oil, ginger, mushrooms and onion into the instant pot and Sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the lentils, stock, and the sweet potatoes.
3. Secure the lid and cook on the Manual function for 6 minutes at High Pressure. After the beep, natural release the pressure and remove the lid. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
4. Mash the prepared lentil mixture with a potato masher.
5. Add the oats and the remaining spices. Put in some brown rice flour if the mixture is not thick enough.
6. Wet your hands and prepare 5 patties, using the mixture, and place them on the baking tray.
7. Bake the patties for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. Slice the buns in half and stack each with a tomato slice, a vegetable patty and lettuce leaves. Serve and enjoy.
Per Serving calories: 266 | fat: 5.3g | protein: 14.5g | carbs: 48.7g | fiber: 9.6g | sodium: 276mg