Prep Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 3 hours 42 mins | Servings: 10
4 tablespoons almond flour
¾ cup low sodium chicken stock
1¼ pounds (567 g) small potatoes, halved
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 large shallots, cut into ½-inch wedges
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon lemon zest
Coarse sea salt and black pepper,
3½ pounds (1.6 kg) lamb shanks,
fat trimmed and cut crosswise into
1½- inch pieces
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup dry white wine
1 cup pitted green olives, halved
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Combine 1 tablespoon of almond flour with chicken stock in a bowl. Stir to mix well. Put the flour mixture,
potatoes, garlic, shallots, rosemary, and lemon zest in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
2. Combine the remaining almond flour with salt and black pepper in a large bowl, then dunk the lamb shanks in the flour and toss to coat.
3. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
4. Add the well-coated lamb and cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the lamb pieces halfway through the cooking time. Transfer the cooked lamb to the slow cooker.
5. Pour the wine in the same skillet, then cook for 2 minutes or until it reduces in half. Pour the wine in the slow cooker.
6. Put the slow cooker lid on and cook on high for 3 hours and 30 minutes or until the lamb is very tender.
7. In the last 20 minutes of the cooking, open the lid and fold in the olive halves to cook.
8. Pour the stew on a large plate, let them sit for 5 minutes, then skim any fat remains over the face of the liquid.
9. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Per Serving calories: 309 | fat: 10.3g | protein: 36.9g | carbs: 16.1g | fiber: 2.2g | sodium: 239mg