Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 8 hours 10 minutes Servings: 6
2 1/2 lb. beef brisket, trimmed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 medium onions, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, sliced
1 tbsp. Herbs de Provence
1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 C. dry red wine 2 tsp. olive oil
1. Season the brisket with salt and black pepper evenly.
2. In a non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and cook the brisket for about 4-5 minutes per side.
3. Transfer the brisket into a slow cooker.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Set the slow cooker on “Low” and cook, covered for about 8 hours.
6. Uncover the slow cooker and with a slotted spoon, transfer the brisket onto a platter.
7. Cut the brisket into desired sized slices and serve with the topping of pan sauce.
Nutrition: Calories: 427; Carbohydrates: 7.7g; Protein: 58.5g; Fat: 193.6g; Sugar: 3.7g; Sodium: 178mg; Fiber: 1.7g